One of the best and simplest parts of a skin care routine is cleansing your skin, the moment you get up and right before you go to sleep. However, as simple as this routine might seem, many people are known to get it horribly wrong. What’s there to cleansing the face, you ask. All you need to do is slap some soap on your face, scrub and then rinse with water, right? Wrong! OROGOLD reviews the best tips on how to properly cleanse your skin.
The Correct Method
Before you learn about the right way of cleansing your skin, you need to know that the water you use for cleansing should neither be hot, nor be cold. It is always best to use lukewarm water for cleansing. Don’t forget to tie your hair before cleansing either.
- Wash your hands. Make sure that you wash your hands with soap and get rid of the germs and dirt that accumulate there. Remember, you would want to avoid your dirty hands coming in contact with your face to save it from the dirt and bacteria.
- Remove the make-up. Remove your make-up using a mild make-up remover. Make sure that the remover is suitable for your specific skin type.
- Put some water on your face. Splash some lukewarm water on your face to make it wet. This helps you to open your pores and prepare your face for cleansing.
- Apply a mild facial cleanser. Pour a small amount of the cleanser on your hands and use your fingertips to rub the cleanser all throughout the face. Make sure that you cover your facial areas such as your forehead, cheeks, chin, nose and neck. Use a circular motion to gently massage the entire face for about 1 minute.
- Rinse away the cleanser. Use cold water to remove the cleanser and splash water on your face until you remove the cleanser completely. This should also help you to improve your blood circulation and open your pores.
- Pat dry. Pat your face dry with a clean towel until all the water has been taken off your face.
- Apply a toner and follow it with a moisturizer. Don’t forget to ensure that you apply the moisturizer on damp skin.
This is all there is to the perfect cleansing routine. Follow these tips and you should be able to maximize the benefits that cleansing has to offer to your face. However, before you sign off don’t forget to learn how to choose the right cleanser. After all, using a cleanser which has the right ingredients can make your skin care routine doubly effective.
Choosing the right cleanser
Make sure that you choose a cleanser according to your type of skin. For example, women with oily skin should choose cleansers that absorb oil. Similarly, women with dry or sensitive skin should go for cleansers that moisturize and nourish the skin. There are all sorts of cleansers that you can choose from, irrespective of whether you’re looking for an oil free, non-comodegenic, non-acnegenic and hypoallergenic cleanser. What’s most important is that you also look at the ingredients that these cleansers have to offer. Try to use cleansers which include ingredients like essential oils, vitamins, AHAs, collagen, Resveratrol, salicylic acid and glycolic acid.