All of us spend weeks in planning that perfect vacation. After all, with the amount of time that we get to spend away from our stressful lives, we want everything to be perfect. Planning for your travel and ensuring that everything goes according to plan is great. But you also need to remember that you really cannot carry an arsenal of beauty products with you, irrespective of whether you have the travel friendly sizes or not. It is also important to understand that you need to adjust your skin care for travel depending on your destination. Remember, your skin will be subjected to a sudden change in the environment and you need to ensure that you give it the right tools to allow it to counteract these changes.
Traveling to a destination with low, dry humidity
The overall skin care routine remains the same. Cleansers, toners, serums and moisturizers are still the way to go. All you need to do is adjust the products to ensure that you allow your skin to tackle the sudden changes in climates.
- Cleansers – Switch to a milk cleanser.
- Toners – Using toners after cleansing is extremely important, even while you’re on a holiday.
- Serums – Serums help you to replenish the nutrients and ensure that your skin remains younger and healthier.
- Moisturizers – You still need to moisturize two times a day (once in the morning and once at night). Re-apply moisturizer with SPF every two hours spent under the sun.
Tips and Advice
- Make sure that you always protect your skin with broad spectrum SPF 30 sunscreens
- Always use a deep conditioner after shampooing while travelling. This helps you to lock in your hair’s moisture content.
Traveling to a destination with tropical climates and high humidity
When you’re travelling to places with high humidity levels, you need to add subtle changes to your skin care routine. However, irrespective of any changes, sun protection remains one of the most important concerns. Don’t forget to apply and re-apply broad spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen lotions for every 2 hours spent under the sun.
- Cleansers – Switch to a gentle foam based cleanser.
- Exfoliators – Exfoliate your skin once every week.
- Serums – Using serums to replenish the lost nutrients of your skin is extremely important.
- Moisturizers – Reduce your moisturizer usage to once every week. By moisturizers, we mean the hydrating ones. You still need to use sunscreens religiously.
Tips and Advice
- Make sure that you use hair styling products that help in fighting frizz.