We have always admired people with naturally golden skin that glows with health. We just find that hue so exotic and golden that we have managed to burn ourselves to a crisp trying to get a golden tan. Thankfully, we have grown past that stage and now we know better – we do not have to suffer for the sake of golden skin because we have discovered several different ways to achieve golden look.
The Golden Rules for Golden Skin
There was a time when everyone we knew would go to the beach or lie in a tanning bed just to avoid pasty skin; you may have tried those avenues as well. This is not to say that you should stop going to the beach or stop getting a tan, but perhaps you will like our suggestions better! Check them out below:
Hate your pasty skin but cannot go to the beach to get a tan either? What you can do is use sunless tanner! There are so many on the market right now that you will have a hard time choosing. The thing with sunless tanners is you need to know how to apply it so that it lasts a good long while, and you need to choose ones with the best formulation so you do not end up looking like an oompa loompa. Trust us when we say that turning orange due to sunless tanner is not at all fun. Below are some tips that will help you achieve a golden glow with sunless tanners:
- Before you apply sunless tanner, make sure you wax or shave beforehand. The reason behind this is doing such treatments after applying sunless tanner will make your sunless tan go away faster. So shaving or waxing immediately after putting on a tanner is a no-no.
- Before applying the sunless tanner, you will want to make sure that you exfoliate because otherwise, it will just sink into dry patches and will look unnatural. Use a body scrub or a loofa to slough off dead skin on the elbows and knees and use a salicylic scrub on your face.
- You need to make sure that you are completely dry when you apply sunless tanner. However, we discovered that it is best to add a little moisture to your skin so that dry spots are moisturized and do not turn orange. Pay attention to areas like your elbows, knees, and nostrils when you apply lightweight lotion.
- When choosing a tanner, make sure you choose one for your skin tone. When it comes to formula, mousse tanners are the easiest to rub in but sprays are best for hard to reach places. You will also want to choose one tanner for your body and one for your face.
Golden Makeup with Bronzer
However, if you cannot stand sunless tanner or are too afraid that it will turn you into orange, do what we do and turn to makeup! If you want a quick and easy way to fake that golden goddess look then makeup is the way to go. It is really simple and all you really need is a good bronzer and the right tools and techniques.
- You will want to get a bronzer that is made for your skin tone. If you go lighter, it will fade and look like nothing more than a highlighter. If you go too dark then it will look unnatural. You want to look golden, and not like you have a skin disease.
- Bronzers generally come in two formulations: matte and shimmery. Matte bronzers can also work as contour powders but they might leave you looking muddy. On the other hand, you have shimmery bronzers that can give you a nice glow, but they also emphasize pores.
- When applying bronzers, you do not want to use too much. Apply using a bronzer brush so you do not go overboard and just apply to the areas where the sun hits you naturally.
So as you can see, there are indeed many different ways for you to get that golden goddess glow, and we recommend that you give these a try because they are very easy to do, and so much safer than going under the sun, where you can burn your skin.