Look Gorgeous in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s and Beyond

Three generations of ladies all look greatThe dreaded “Oh, you look great for your age” is not a phrase most people enjoying hearing; we all want to look great no matter our age. While we want to look good in general, not just “at our age” it is necessary to go about it in different ways at different ages. The things we need to do to take care of ourselves at 20 is drastically different from what is required at 50. Our guide show you how to look gorgeous at any age. It seems that as an overall rule the 80/20 concept works at any age; do 80% right and you can cheat the other 20%. We’ve even heard the 80/20 rule applied to getting our body in top shape; it is 80% diet and 20% exercise. But did you know that you can also apply this cannon to the effects of aging? Doctors say that 80% of the appearance of aging can be attributed to external influences – diet, lifestyle, pollutants and sun exposure – while the other 20% is due to genetics. Read on for OROGOLD tips on the 80% you can do in each decade.

Try many fun trends in your 20s to find out what you like

Experiment with fun styles in your 20s

20s

The decade that we are “finding ourselves” and “exploring our individuality.” This is the perfect time to experiment and figure things out. It is self-improvement by trail-and-error. So go nuts, wear that ultra-short skirt, try that neon eye make-up, go for the frivolous piece you will probably only wear once. Now is the time to frequent those fast fashion stores, you know the ones with the clothes that are cute and cheap but falling apart after the 2nd or 3rd wear. Go on adventures, explore the world! But whatever you do use sunblock! This is also the time when you should start thinking about building a skin care regimen. Whether it’s as simple as removing makeup at night and using sunblock, it’s a great start. It is also a good idea to look for something tailored to your skin type. Since lots of people begin to experience adult onset acne in their 20s, look for skin care products with acne fighting properties.

Choose silhouettes and colors that are most flattering

In your 30s work wardrobe will become more important

30s

In your 30s you begin to know who you are. You already went through all that experimentation in your 20s so you know a little bit about a little bit now. It is the time to begin refining not just your look but your routine also. Start choosing styles and colors that you know work well for you. Have you noticed a certain silhouette that makes you feel very confident? Or a makeup color that really makes your eyes pop? Make it part of your signature. After the excess of 20s it’s also great to refine your eating and skin care habits. As part of your body’s natural aging mechanism your metabolism will start to slow down and other natural processes that keep your body young begin to decline. But don’t worry you can use preventative techniques now. Eat better, focus on adding lots of colorful fruits and veggies to your diet. Begin investing a bit more time and money into your skin care routine. Now is a great time to start a basic anti-aging routine.

Examine your eyes to find out skin needs

Check the skin around your eyes for skin care clues.

40s

By now the aging process will be a bit more visible. You may experience uneven skin tone or a loss of elasticity. It is common to see evidence of this in the neck and chin area because they are usually neglected in most skin care routines. To help you decide how to proceed you can use your eye area as a litmus test. Inspect the skin around your eyes for clues: if it’s dry you may need more moisturizer, if you see lines consider a stronger wrinkle cream. Since you have already begun to refine your beauty routine you can add a couple tricks to your repertoire. Contouring and highlighting with your makeup can take years off your appearance and allow you to sculpt your face into the shape you desire. Now may also be the time to start to color your hair. Cover up those grays with a hair color that complements your skin tone. Begin investing in your wardrobe by choosing pieces that will last longer. Maybe even throw in an investment jewelry piece.

Including produce and aloe in your diet will lead to a healthy digestive system

Eating right is important at any age!

50s and Beyond

Now that you know who you are it’s a perfect time to invest in classics. A crisp white blouse or tailored trousers are perfect investment pieces because of their comfort and versatility. Simple and classic makeup will complement any look. A couple of steps are all it takes for a great look – fill in brows, add liner and mascara to eyes, and use a bit of color on your face. These easy steps will accentuate your looks without trying too hard. Be conscious of skin type when choosing makeup, your skin may be getting a little drier these days in which case it would be better to avoid powder textures which will accentuate this. Another thing that’s best to avoid is any makeup that is very shimmery or sparkly. This will draw attention to problem areas such as wrinkles or fine lines.  And finally be sure to keep a healthy diet. Aloe is a great ingredient to introduce to your diet for optimal digestive health.

Now that you are armed with many great tips you can look good at any age. Taking care of our bodies with proper nutrition and a healthy lifestyle is the best way to look and feel amazing at any age. You may not fall exactly into these categories but all these tips add up to great ways to take care of yourself. Let us know what are your best tips for looking and feeling great?

2 thoughts on “Look Gorgeous in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s and Beyond

  1. Pingback: Flawless Hands for the Big Day | Oro Gold Cosmetics

  2. Pingback: Oro Gold Cosmetics

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s